Monday, August 29, 2011

Happy Birthday Michael Jackson

I’m sending balloons filled with love to you, floating free through the skies above.  It always makes me sad when I think of how you would be so proud today to see all the changes made in your honor.  You deserved to be present in the flesh to receive them.  But as fate has dealt it’s hand in this game of life, you cannot be.  And speaking frankly for me, that sucks.

But today is your day.  This day 53 years ago an angel was sent down to this earth to blow us away.  He came with dance and song and rhyme and reason and love so pure that it radiated from every pore in his body.  That angel was Michael Jackson.  As I go through this day, I will reflect on all the joy and all the gifts you gave to the world unselfishly.  I honor your birth.  I honor you.

Happy birthday, Michael Jackson.  For the rest of my life this day will hold a special meaning.  It’s the day when the heavens gathered in its arms a bundle of joy and laid him into the arms of the world.  We had him.  He had us.  For a little while.  But long enough to know that God smiled on him and he gave that smile right back to us every day of his life.

I love you, Michael.  I always will.

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful! Love your blog!

    http://adventuresasmj.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete