Sunday, April 8, 2012

The Message

Today was a beautiful day.  There were birds singing outside my window and all is good.

I thought a lot about Michael this weekend.  As I was surfing the internet I came across something so profound that it stopped me cold.  When I read it, it served to me to be yet another conviction that Michael is a gift from God.  There is no way to explain the many parallels to his life, to his truth relative to the heart and soul of Jesus.  I have cut and pasted exactly what I found.  You tell me what you think because eventhough this was said of Jesus Christ thousands of years ago, it fits Michael Jackson to a tee today. Love and all that it encompasses is never changing.  It lives forever and ever.  I think Michael chose us instead of us chosing him.  It makes sense to me and it feels so right.  We are his fans but to him we were much more.  I believe he considered us his friends, near and far, and he knew that we would carry on his legacy of love.


John 15:9-17

New International Version (NIV)
   9 “As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. 10 If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love. 11 I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete. 12 My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. 13 Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. 14 You are my friends if you do what I command. 15 I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master’s business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you. 16 You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit—fruit that will last—and so that whatever you ask in my name the Father will give you. 17 This is my command: Love each other."



Simply Amazing!

1 comment:

  1. Hello CassieforMaxwell... (I love Maxwell too, btw!)

    I have recently gone back onto twitter after a long absence, and I came across some tweets of yours tonight that really touched me. I decided to check out your blog here - have enjoyed reading a few of your pieces, and just wanted to stop on this one because it "spoke to me." First of all, the date of your post is the date my mother passed away in 2009 - just 2 1/2 months before Michael left this earth. It is also the date Ryan White died in 1990. This is just one of many, many, MANY coincidences that continue to happen since this journey began 4 years ago. These little synchronicities are, in my belief, his way of nudging us - connecting us to others and letting us know he's still around giving us guidance and inspiration.

    I was also intrigued by this post of yours because I, too, have noticed many similarities between Michael and the things we know about Jesus' life. I have become friends with others in the MJ Community who have explored many different thoughts and ideas related to these similarities. I don't know that we've come up with any concrete answers, but it's good to be with friends who aren't afraid to talk about it. We all love Michael so much and are so grateful for all he has given to us throughout his life and even now in death. I think it would be very difficult for many who have not experienced what we have, to understand the depth of all this. We are still learning and exploring, and it is one incredible journey he is taking us on!!

    I invite you to visit my blog which I started in 2010 after a new gift of writing poetry was given to me - totally out of the blue and SO unexpected for ME (once a very level-headed, practical, earth-bound, and logical thinker - he has turned me into a poet and a dreamer and has renewed my belief in magic!)

    If you decide to visit my blog, you will notice that I haven't posted much in the last year or so. I've been going through a lot of changes and seeking answers to some questions about what I'm being called to do now. I believe those answers are just around the corner - because I'm getting glimpses and nudges more frequently than I have in a long while.

    I think the trials have slowed the progress for many of us over the last couple of years. It's all been very difficult and emotionally draining, hasn't it? It's so hard to stand by and watch and listen while he is so intimately exposed to the world and is still misunderstood by so many!

    I hope you don't mind me poking around your beautiful blog and leaving this message. Haven't read all your posts yet, but I have related to many of your thoughts in those I have read. I really LOVED your poem to Paris - you should try sending it to her!

    Lots of MJ LOVE to you, my Friend and fellow Blogger. I hope you will come by MJ Reflections for a visit...

    http://mjreflecdtionsheart2heart.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete