Friday, July 29, 2011

July-29-2011

Revelations 
3:8

'When God leads you to the edge of the 
cliff, trust Him fully and let go, only 1 of 2 
things will happen, either He'll catch you when 
you fall, or He'll teach you how to fly! '



In one month, we will be reflecting again.  It would have been Michael Jackson’s 53rd birthday, a very young 53.  We will reflect on his life and in wonderment, imagine what he would be doing on that day.  We will be sad and happy and singing and rejoicing and praying and dreaming about all of what could have been, should have been, would have been.  That’s just human nature when you love someone and you lose them.  A never celebrated birthday always brings up the memories and the what ifs.  Just as the date of death does.  They always give us cause to stop and reflect.


I don’t know what I will be doing on that day.  There is no way to prepare for it.  But I plan to trust that God will guide me.  I hope I will find a way to get through the day without sadness because Michael’s birth ushered in a new era, an era of love for the planet, the universe and each other.  Michael taught us by example that it is not enough to have unless we give back, and give back in abundance.  Michael showed us that we were all the same and love sees no differences.  Michael showed us how to walk in humility and do it gracefully.  Michael made us believe in dreams and in the magic of Peter Pan.  Michael made us each feel special by simply saying I love you more.  Because we knew, by feeling it in our hearts and throughout our bodies and souls, that he really did.  He loved you. He loved me.  In that one perfect body lived enough love to share with every living thing in the whole world.  Ad we were all a part of it.  We witnessed it.  Many words will be written about it in history.  But to live it… God is good.


Yes, God led Michael to the edge of the cliff.  Michael trusted Him and in faith, he let go.  He knew he wouldn’t  fall.  He never did in his life.  I believe that God has been teaching Michael how to fly all the days of his life.   He took that final leap of faith and now… he soars. 


So now when I think of Michael’s birthday and from this day forward, I will think of it as the day that God sent us an angel.  All his 50 years were gifts to us.  But his forever was never ours to keep.  I am thankful, I am humbled to have been blessed to have lived in Michael’s era and experienced his kind of love.  It is everlasting.  God bless the child.  And Michael, I will always love you more.  







No comments:

Post a Comment