Friday, March 18, 2011

Reunion of Robert Redford and Barbara Streisand on Oprah

Yeah on Oprah.  Though I am not an Oprah fan, I watched this reunion and when Robert Redford walked out, it made me cry.  Why?  Because there has always been something in Mr. Redford’s demeanor that reminds me of Michael Jackson.  Watch him; his eyes, his smile, his gentleness, his compassion.  He has always reminded me of Michael and the life that Michael too should have had.  When he walked out you could see the real love and affection these two had for each other.  It was real and it was beautiful.

It took me back to June 25, 2009, and losing Michael.  We will never get to see him do a reunion show with the loves of his life; Diana Ross, Brooke Shields, Tatiana, Lisa Marie.  Never.  We will never see him as an aged yet still beautiful human being getting the accolades and trributes he so justly deserved.  It is never going to happen. We will never see him get to see his childrens’ eyes as they adoringly watch as their father is being honored.  That was stolen from him.  It was stolen from us.

Yes, I watched Oprah Winfrey and I cried.  Maybe I’m just a silly, sentimental fool.  But for Michael, I’m willing to be all of that and more.  Michael never got what he deserved.  He was just 50, still young and with still so much more to give.  We still had so many years yet to go before he reached the ripened golden ages of Redford and Streisand.  But nothing would have warmed my heart more than to get to witness him getting there and enjoying the benefits of his successes over all those years.  Nothing.

Michael Jackson, you should still be dancing your dream.  Your candles burned out long before your Legend ever will.  And I do love you, forever more, and still.  Forever Speechless.

No comments:

Post a Comment