Sunday, January 15, 2012

How could an angel break my heart?

By leaving me and never having said goodbye.  Remember the hunting melody to this Toni Braxton song and the memorable chorus:

How could an angel break my heart
Why didn't he catch my falling star
I wish I didn't wish so hard
Maybe I wished our love apart
How could an angel break my heart


Simply beautiful and really heartbreaking.  This is how I feel now without Michael Jackson’s energy being released into the atmosphere.  To this same melody, I have written my own words describing as best I can how I feel most days knowing that Michael Jackson is physically gone away.  


I close my eyes and all I see
is his eyes staring back at me
I try to keep the tears at bay
but they start falling anyway


I try to tell myself that I
must let it go and so I try
but all the pain is just too real
and nothing changes how I feel


Why did an angel break my heart...


I see his pictures on my wall
and to my knees I gently fall
and pray to God to heal my heart
and once again the teardrops start


I still cannot believe he’s gone
and that he’s never coming home
and that his children will grow old
with only memories to behold


Why did an angel break my heart
How could the world tear him apart
How could they stare into those eyes
and still not realize
that he was simply love
no ego, no disguise
that he had more to give the world
but they listened to the lies
and he’s no more…


I try to make sense of it all
how we must heed the Master’s call
and nothing that we do or say
changes the hand of fate that day


I’d give my life so he could be
sharing love unselfishly
I’d gladly change the history
so once again the world would see
him smile...


And all that happened on that day
would simply fade, just go away
and with us he would always stay
come what may
forever and..
a day…


How could an ANGEL break my heart
we should have caught his falling star
there’d be no crying eyes to dry
Heavenly Father, please tell me why
from us our angel had to part
How could an angel break my heart















No comments:

Post a Comment