Saturday, February 19, 2011

Today is just another day

…but it is a day that has me filled with all kinds of mixed emotions.  Up one minute.  Down the next.  I read Martin Bashir is coming back to MSNBC on the 28th of February.  How is this so?  What can we do or say to get the point across that Martin Bashir is a co-conspirtor in a murder… a very monumental, complex murder?  I mean at times it gets depressing.  It is nearing time for the trial of Conrad Murray and deep down inside I feel he’s not going to get what he deserves.  Yet I pray I am wrong and that he will at least be found guilty on this lesser charge he has been given.  4 years for murdering in cold blood, an angel.  God must surely be disgusted with this world and its people.  I don’t know how much longer I can continue to allow this to disparage me.  I am only one and powerless to make any changes big enough to make a real difference.  Still I try.  If only the world knew what that man meant in my life.  If only they knew how many times I have turned on and listened to his words or read his books or just looked into those calming, beautiful eyes and found solace in an otherwise chatotic existence.  He saved me.  How can I not be there for him?  I can’t not be.  I made a promise to myself on June 25, 2009, that I would see it through; stand up and be counted in the numbers of those who would do all in their power to institute the change he lived and died for.  I will not stop now.  I am tired.  I am weary.  But when I think of all he did, and how weary he must have been, and all the pains he suffered to make sure that the world would be made better for those who were weak and sick and disheartened, I gather that second wind.  It is coming.  It is going to be hard.  But I will stand with the millions upon millions and hold my head high.  Michael Jackson needs our voices.  He cannot speak for himself.  Dr. Conrad Murray killed Michael Jackson.  Time has not changed that.  And… it never will.  All he asked is that we be there, to cry at the same time, and never let go of his hand.  Across the continents, let his will be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment